Thursday, February 19, 2015

To Blog or Not To Blog...

Believe it or not, it's a pretty tough decision. There are a lot of factors. For one, do I have enough to even write about? Maybe I should take a class on this whole blog thing.

On top of knowing nothing about blogging (I find it cool that this has become an acceptable verb), do I have a voice? I love reading. It's my second favorite activity! (I don't know what my first is yet, so don't ask.) Every time - and I mean every. single. time. - I start a book, I say to my boyfriend, "I just love how he/she writes." I find it to be as important as the plot itself, if not more. Having a good and unique voice can turn a novel into a masterpiece.

So I suppose that determines my final decision. I simply adore writing. And although I have no idea what to do with my life regardless of being a second semester sophomore, I'm starting to think about journalism (preceded by Stage Management, Early Education, Psychology, and English). And what better way to find my voice than blogging? After all, it's basically like keeping a diary. Except I won't tell you my deepest, darkest secrets. Probably.

Stick with me here, friends. I'm only just beginning.

(I'm also more than aware I will probably never gain a follower. Don't laugh, imaginary readers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment