Sunday, December 20, 2015

Day 3 – Weird things you do when you’re alone

Let's start by saying I am not alone very often. With a roommate and a boyfriend, my alone time is very cherished. Although I usually have so much to do, I always sit back and watch some Netflix. My current binge is Gilmore Girls, suggested by my best friend. I almost never binge-watch a series and finish it in one go, but with Gilmore Girls, all of that has changed. I want to be both Lorelai and Rory, and be their best friend. It's an emotional ride.

I certainly talk to myself – a lot – when I'm alone. I never have pants on. I get kind of sad sometimes. I don't eat. These are the weirdest things I can think of.

Talking to Myself –
When I say "I talk to myself", I mean I have straight up conversations with me, myself and I. I'll actually think of a story I want to tell Donovan or one of my friends, and tell the story to myself how I plan to tell them, even though I was there. Of course, once I do tell them the story, it comes out much different and less cool. I laugh at my jokes, ask myself questions and answer them. I like having company, and I am my best.

No Pants –
This one is self-explanatory. Let's get real, who actually like wearing clothes?

Sadness –
This one is very bothersome. If I'm alone for a certain amount of time, it's very likely I'll get incredibly upset. As I said earlier, I watch a lot of Netflix when I'm alone. I'm most motivated when I'm with Donovan, so no matter how much work I have, I don't do it when I'm alone, even though I have nothing else to do. Sitting in bed watching hours upon hours of Netflix can get pretty lonely, and I soon become unhappy. My stomach starts to hurt, my unsmiling face feels duller than usual and I cry very easily. It's incredibly frustrating, because on a good day, I love being alone! Whenever I'm keeping myself company, I have to remind myself to change the pace and turn off the TV, otherwise the rest of my day will be very sour.

Never Eating –
I absolutely suck at cooking and it intimidates me. When I'm alone, all my taste buds revert back to childhood and I live off of Oreos, cookie dough and Clif bars. Even when I have frozen meals, I have no desire for them! It's the most bizarre thing. I actually have cauliflower in my microwave that's been sitting there for fifteen minutes. Now that I've made it, the smell is making my nose crinkle up. I really love cauliflower, so this makes no sense to me. During the school year, I typically lose an abominable amount of weight because I only ever eat at Donovan's. It's an issue I'm trying to fix.

So, these are my weird things. I probably have many more that I'm not thinking of right now, or even things I don't realize or find odd. Alone time is great and important for the human mind. Get on it.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love my alone time. I generally walk around in boxers and eat lots of ice cream. Thank goodness people are not subjected to this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha glad to know I'm not alone on the pants! Thankfully, I've gotten a bit better on the eating issue!

      Delete